ScoobySnax

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Ah, Sweet Misery

I've been taking Prozac for almost two years. I'm fairly good about taking it on a regular, daily basis. Some days I forget, but most days I remember. I knew I was going to run out of my prescription this week, so last Friday I placed my refill order online with my pharmacy. Long story short, I still don't have my refill and I'm out of pills. ::Sigh:: Do you know how hard it is for me to be patient sometimes? Of course you don't. Imagine any woman you know that suffers from a stereotypical form of PMS. Multiply that by about 10, and you will have some idea about how I'm feeling, thinking, and acting when I've forgotten to (or can't) take my Prozac for a few days. Good times. Basically, it leaves me thinking that everyone on the planet (except me, of course) is suffering from some raging case of stupidity, and couldn't find their ass with both hands. It makes me want to drive people off the road (while glaring at them, blaring my horn steady, and giving them the finger) for not using their turn signals. It makes me want to throw things, hit things, and basically be extremely violent over things that a normal person capable of rational thought would see as nothing more than a slight inconvenience. Simply put, I feel like a monster. On top of that, I also feel sad and tired. Not just garden variety tired, either. But that achy, nasty feeling you get in your bones when you are just plain worn right the fuck out and can't take another minute of anyone's bullshit. So tired and sick of it all that you just want to cry "Uncle!" and go pass out for about a week. That kind of tired. Hmmm. Suddenly it occurs to me that the tired might not be from the lack of Prozac, but from a combination of me missing Vin, not getting quite enough sleep, and being irritated beyond belief at the no-talent assclowns running our IT department at work that are making my life more of a hell than necessary. I need a vacation. But I digress. Aw hell, I don't even really know what I the point was anymore. Oh yea, something about misery.
[Interruption. Phone.]
HA. Seems that my blogging about this prescription bullshit has done the trick. The phone call was my doc's office calling to tell me my prescription will be ready by 5pm at the pharmacy today. Heh heh. In the mean time, I think I'll take a break and go have a cig and grab a Pepsi. Too bad I'm at work, or else I'd be hitting the Jack and packing a bowl. Oh well, guess the Jack-n-Weed remedy will have to wait for a couple more hours.

|