ScoobySnax

Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween

I hope all of you have a wonderful time, whatever you may be doing. Vin is taking his kids trick-or-treating, I think. Adorable.

It's holidays like this that make me miss my son, Jake. Holidays that seem more 'kid' oriented...Halloween, Easter, Christmas...that kind of thing. Mother's Day is another thing altogether - that one's ugly for me. It makes all the feelings I have about placing him for adoption come rushing back, and not always in a good way. I have never regretted my decision to place him, but I have spent a lot of time feeling very guilty about it. I don't want to make myself sad right now, so I don't think I'm going to write about that experience today. I'll save that for another day.

Drive safely if you're driving tonight. And have fun with your kids if you have them. Give them lots of hugs for me.

|