ScoobySnax

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Sting

I heard a new (? I could swear the DJ said it was new but I was pretty stoned at the time, so who knows) song by Sting on the radio the other night, and haven't been able to get the sound of his voice out of my head. As a result of not being able to get his voice outta my head, he's currently singing to me:

Free, free, set them free...

You can't control an independent heart
Can't love what you can't keep
Can't tear the one you love apart
Can't love what you can't keep
Forever conditioned to believe that we can't live
We can't live here and be happy with less
So many riches, so many souls
Everything we see that we want to possess

If you need somebody, call my name
If you want someone
You can do, you can do, you can do the same
If you want to keep something precious
You got to lock it up and throw away the key
Want to hold onto your possession
Don't even think about me

Set them free, free, free, set them free
Set them free, free, free, set them free
Set them free...

(Which, of course, is NOT the "new" song I heard the other night...but it explains why I'm thinkin of Sting songs and why he's singing to me in my head right now...)

|