ScoobySnax

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Sweet Jesus I am SO slow sometimes

You ever watch reality TV shows? It's okay, you don't have to admit it out loud in order to relate to this post. Say you're watching The Real World on MTV. (Or really any reality TV show in which the whole idea behind the show is to portray how people interact with one another.) Say a couple of cast members get into some kind of argument. As the brilliant arm-chair psychologist that you are, you sit there thinking to yourself (or, if you're like me, you yell at the TV) "God, you are so stupid! If only you would do ABC, this whole stupid problem would be solved. Why can't you people see that?!?!" It seems so OBVIOUS what the problem is and how to solve it, that you just can't understand why these dumb asses can't see it.

So why is it, that when it pertains to my own life, it seems so fucking impossible to apply that same principle?? I was laying in bed last night (being pissed off that I couldn't sleep because I had so much BULLSHIT on my mind) when it suddenly occurred to me that the simplest thing to do about this whole Vin situation is to just sit down and (get ready for this) TALK to him about it. As OrdinaryJoe so eloquently pointed out in my comments this morning - it probably is the easiest way to get these issues resolved. (Thanks, OJ - well said and definitely sound advice.)

Sometimes, the simplest of solutions is the hardest to see.

|