ScoobySnax

Friday, February 06, 2004

kids

I used to say that I never wanted kids because I didn't like kids.

It was silly, really. Every time I was actually around kids and spent any amount of time with them, I liked them. We got along fine.

The thing is, I just haven't had much exposure to children or spending time with them. If someone else is with me that's better with kids than I feel I am, then I'm fine. I get comfortable in a matter of minutes, and kids respond positively to that.

I realized the other day that I've never met a kid that I could honestly say I didn't like. I'm just not used to them.

Now, instead of thinking about how I don't want kids because I don't like them...I think about how maybe it's more that I don't want kids because I'm afraid they won't like me.

At this point, that's neither here nor there. I'm not having kids any time soon...and if I'm completely honest with myself, the chances that I'll ever have kids of my own are slim to none. I suppose I could wind up marrying someone with kids, and then I'd have stepkids. Would they hate me? Or would they come to be kids that I'd consider as "my own"? I'll have to ponder that.

Which reminds me. Did I tell you that I found out Vin has three kids, not two like he told me? What a weird mindset he must have been in to lie about that. Or anything, really. LOL. It's all good.

|