ScoobySnax

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Good News, Bad News

Well, the good news is, I'm not going to have to drive to see my love. He got me a flight, instead. :) Yay! The bad news is, I have to fly...and that means dealing with the dreaded airline seatbelt issue. I have to go through the humiliation of one of two options...either humbling myself to ask a flight attendant for an extension...or suffering through the looks I will get from people who DO fit in their seatbelts, wondering why the fuck I can't get mine to fit around my pillowy midsection. Asking a flight attendant for an extension is the lesser of two evils...usually they're really understanding about it and discretely get one for me without making a big deal out of it. It's definitely better than the looks I've gotten in the past when I'm unable to buckle my seatbelt...it's a mix of disgust and pity. Sigh.

Like things aren't hard enough for plus-size people anyway, the airlines have to go and make things worse by having seatbelts that only "average" sized people can use. Hey! Airline Industry! Fucking Newsflash - most of us aren't "average size" anymore. Don't these people ever watch the news? With a disturbing frequency, people are reporting (like it's news!) that more and more Americans are obese or on their way. So why then is it that nothing in our culture seems to have caught up with that? I still can't go to Target and find 3X clothing (they used to carry it but don't anymore) and their female "Plus Size" section is A) tiny and B) full of shit my dead grandmother wouldn't wear. HELLO - who the fuck wears housedresses (or as I affectionately refer to them - moo moo's) anymore? Whatever, I could go on but even I don't care enough about this subject to go on a decent rant.

Think good things for me, dear readers, as I suffer through asking for the damned seatbelt extension 4 times in the next 3 days (I change planes in Chicago).

Oh, yea...Phoebe bunked out on road-tripping it with me. Too much on her plate, I guess. Oh well. Not a gigantic loss...although the three of us would have had much fun, having alone time with him is even better. I expect nothing less than to be suffering from a bruised ass and a sore pussy on Monday when I return. Good Times!!

|