ScoobySnax

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Missing him

I miss him. I miss everything that comes with being in close physical proximity to the one you deeply love. I never realized how much I would miss being around him...nor did I realize how frequently I took for granted the time we did get to spend together.

I'm going to see him this weekend. It's a long drive. Speaking of which...can anyone explain this to me? I live in Minnesota; he's in St. Louis. It's widely accepted that the shortest distance between two points is a (say it with me) Straight Line. So one would think that driving straight down from Minn through Iowa and down through Missouri would be the quickest route, being that it seems to be the most direct. As it turns out, several different online driving directions have informed me that going through Wisconsin and then through Illinois and on to Missouri is faster. The thing I find most curious about all this, is that the driving directions in the first scenario (MN, IA, MO) create less actual miles driven (average was about 548 or so) but the longest travel time (some said over 10 hours). The MN, WI, IL route claims an average of just over 600 miles, with a drive time of between 8 1/2 and 9 hours. Huh??

Good thing I'm not a trucker. That shit's totally confusing.

At any rate. My female friend that I get to fool around with occasionally may be accompanying me on my adventure. Okay this is stupid - I've written sex stories about her twice and mentioned her in passing a few times...she officially needs a name. Let's call her Phoebe. She's pretty and silly and smart and good and honest...and one of the best friends a person could EVER ask for - just like Phoebe on 'Friends'. There's a tiny chance she won't be able to make it, but I'm crossing my fingers. Not just because she'd be a great road-trip buddy...but also because of all the yummy fun the three of us could have! Cross your fingers for me!

|