ScoobySnax

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Story behind the Mate Survey...

Heyyyyy, so I need some help! (Hm, decided to put the actual survey in another post - see the one titled "Mate Survey.")

First, let me preface this by saying that on Saturday night, I left a tired, recovering Phoebe at my house alone so that my bitchy, selfish roomie, Jodie, and I could go out. I didn't want to go out, but Jodie is already mad at me for the amount of time I've been spending down at the neighbor's house recently (a story for later) so I decided to appease her. So we're out at the bar, and talking about her lack of sex/dating life lately, and she's bitching about not having met anyone recently. I pointed out to her that meeting a future mate in a bar is about as likely as getting laid at church. Besides which, we hang out at a local dive bar - not exactly a hot spot for action. So she starts begging me to place a personal ad for her online (right after insulting me for the people I've met online), because we have no computer at home and even if we did, there's no way she'd pay to get internet access. (No, not even if I paid half.) So of course I said no - and not just because it's a weird, fucked up thing to ask me to do...but mostly because I am sick of doing things for her. She rarely shows any appreciation when I go out of my way for her (which is nearly daily, and I'm not just stroking my ego here - I really do a lot of shit for her) and she NEVER reciprocates. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I don't do shit for people just so they'll do shit for me. I do it because I want to, I like it, and it makes me happy. But DAMN, once in a while she could do the littlest of things just to show that she appreciates me for fuck's sake. Anyway - point is, after I say no about 10 time in a row (it went like this: her-please??? me-No! her-please??? me-No!) she ended up GETTING MAD AT ME ABOUT IT.

I'm not kidding. She actually got mad at me for saying that I wouldn't do it. That's when she went on a rant about how she misses the "old Amy" who "used to have fun" and "used to let her have fun" and how now I'm just all boring and shit.

Okayyyy. I'm just going to let that slide. It is so not worth explaining to you why it is that I'm slowly cutting you out of my life while you're half-drunk. Shit, I'm not sure it's worth explaining to her even when she's stone cold sober.

Which brings me around to why I wrote all this in the first place, which is that in order to get her to stop being mad, I told her I'd compromise and do a survey on my blog about how people have met their significant others, mates, spouses, etc. See my next post.

|