ScoobySnax

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Therapy/Counseling/Psychiatry/Psychology/Psychoanalysis

???????????????????

How do I determine who to talk to?

Do I need therapy? Counseling? Psychoanalysis? Are they all the same?

Do I still need to be taking prozac or can I stop? (I've been told that my need to take it is "all in my head" and that "it would be the same thing as taking a placebo" and that I should "stop taking it" because "it's not the right drug" for me.) Or do I need more drugs? Different drugs?

How do I know what I need, and who I need it from?

Resources? Anyone?

Whether or not this is a daunting task is not the problem. The problem is that it FEELS like a daunting task. And I know myself well enough to know that because I don't know how to go about getting help, I will ignore the fact that I need help altogether. I will pretend everything is fine, and go about my business.

It's unhealthy. I need help. It is hard (read: practically impossible) for me to admit when I need help, and it's even harder to ask for help when I do need it. But it's time to admit and time to ask - I need to talk to someone. Someone with training and experience. A professional. I need to get my head straightened out. I can't keep going on like this.

Please, if you know of some direction you could point me in, let me know. Time is of the essence. (NO I'm not suicidal and I honestly don't think I have been recently, despite what I may have said.)

|