ScoobySnax

Friday, July 23, 2004

Friday's Quote

"Some of us cable guys like to get bit...hard." ~ Weird Cable Guy from last night.

So Weird Cable Guy and his Buddy came over last night to replace my old, analog cable with a new digital cable box. They walk in the apartment and start heading for the living room with me trailing behind. I tell them "No, not the living room - it's in my bedroom" and point in the direction of my room. I'm behind them, so they're basically blocking me from walking in ahead of them, so I say "Go ahead. There's nothing in there that'll bite ya. Not hard, anyway." To which Weird Cable Guy responded with the above quote.

Later, when I asked them why they were working in pairs now, Weird Cable Guy tells me that they don't usually work in pairs, but he has to because "the State kind of took my [driver's] license."

Quality hires ya got goin' on there, Comcast.  Nice.

Oh, and a few minutes later, Weird Cable Guy (out of nowhere) says "Hey, who wants to give me $75??"  In my head I thought, "For what, being the weirdest Cable Guy to ever be in my presence? Or are you going to do some sort of little dance-like-a-monkey act now?"

Whatever. Either way, I have digital cable in my room now! Yay.

|