ScoobySnax

Thursday, July 29, 2004

I could not be more wrong. I could try, but I would not be successful.

I was wrong about the whole Jodie thing, and how long it would take Ted to call her.

Turns out that on Saturday morning, as he was leaving, he asked her to spend some time with him later in the day. She declined. Then he asked if she wanted to do something else, also later that same day. Again, she declined. She then tried to explain that she spends the entire day after drinking completely hungover and unable to do more than move from couch to kitchen to bathroom.  So he told her to call him.  She explained that she's "really old-fashioned" that way, and that he would have to call her because she just doesn't call people in the beginning of a relationship - they have to call her.  (All of what she said to him is completely true, btw.)

Well, by Monday, she realized that may have come off as a bit stand-offish, and was afraid she'd offended him. So she called him on her lunch hour (he's done with work by noon) and left him a message explaining herself, and asking him to call her back. When he hadn't called back by 6pm, she began to panic. Literally. Though it took EXTREME restraint on my part, I told her (without rolling my eyes, I might add) that he was probably busy and he'd likely call her very soon and not to get her panties in a bunch. By 7pm, her phone was ringing. It was him.

They made tentative plans to see each other this weekend, and agreed they'd talk later in the week to solidify.

So yea, I was totally wrong. She told me at some point on Monday that they talked about sex during their date. They both went over how they've done the whole one-night-stand thing and they're both pretty sick of it and looking for something more solid and lasting. (I can't even type that without rolling my eyes.) She said they agreed that although they wanted to have sex that night, that they both wanted it to be something more.  

Pppfffffttttt.

I stand by my original opinion of the whole situation.

I loved what y'all had to say about it. I liked hearing your perspectives on the whole thing, and it was a very good reminder to me that all situations are truly different. 

It also made me realize how completely judgemental I was, and am, about Jodie. That makes me feel shitty, because I do so pride myself on not being a judgemental person. I guess where Jodie's concerned, I have trouble. And I realize that the reason I have trouble not judging her is because of how many issues I have with her and haven't aired. The irritation and anger and frustration I have toward her - for so many reasons - just keeps building and building and building. I know that soon I will have to do something about that, or the friendship is literally going to implode.

Something I can't solve today, certainly. But it was good to come to this realization. A solution can't be far behind.

|