ScoobySnax

Friday, July 16, 2004

Jake's Birthday

It was Jake's birthday this past Monday (the 12th); he turned 9 this year. Somehow, that day seemed to go a bit smoother this year than it has in the past, and I'm grateful.
 
It seems odd to me that I haven't written much about Jake. I haven't really told that story, and I don't know why. I'm not ashamed or anything, and I am coming to terms with the guilt aspects of placing him for adoption. When people ask me about Jake and the circumstances surrounding that time in my life, I tell them everything. I'm open about it and God knows how much I like to talk - especially when it comes to talking about ME. Jeez I'm vain. Aw hell, most of us are - if we weren't on the vain side, we probably wouldn't be blogging. But I digress. Jake's story.
 
I think the only reason I haven't really written about it is because it's kind of a long story. And at first, I didn't think it would be interesting enough to include on my blog. Then I realized that most of what I write about isn't particularly interesting anyway, so I should just tell the story. Plus which, I realized that getting it down in print will likely have some theraputic value to it, so I should just do it. Then it became somewhat of a time issue, being that I do this from work and don't really have time to indulge in long-winded story telling. My resolution to this is that I'm going to take some time this weekend to get some of it down in writing; an outline, if you will. Then sometime next week, I'm going to come in a bit early and get it down here on this blog.
 
I've decided it's something I really want and need to do. For me.

|