ScoobySnax

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Well said

I was going through Gut Rumbles archives (what few I could find) today, and came across the following gem:

"I will offer one thought on my behalf. I didn't lose any real friends during that ugly time. The ones I've known for most of my life worried about me, attempted to offer advice (which I rejected) and then just got out of the way. I've always said that a real friend doesn't expect you to be perfect. A real friend accepts you, warts and all, and probably knows those warts better than you do yourself. If you go flying off the handle, they'll still be there when you come back." (Emphasis mine.)

My thoughts exactly. I've said it before, I'll say it again - I've done some stupid shit in my life, but the people I truly love that truly love me back (both in a friendship sort of way and in a 'LOVE love' sort of way) stick with me through thick and thin, no matter what. A true friend loves the person you were, and the one you've become.

You can read Acidman's entire post here.

There have been times I've read Acidman and completely disagreed with him. But more often than not, when it comes down to the truths in life and spouting good advice and wisdom about common sense things, he hits the nail on the head every time.

|