ScoobySnax

Friday, August 20, 2004

On the brain today

- Thanks to all who have sent Happy Birthday messages and well wishes. I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart.

- My birthday was okay.

- A couple things regarding Jodie.
First - Someone commented that they wonder what my roommate has done to make me hate her so much. I don't hate Jodie. I'm not a "hater" by nature. I dislike her behavior and selfishness, and I really can't stand her intolerance and immaturity. I especially have little patience for the fact that she believes that her actions are a direct result of her "wanting what is best for me" when in fact, she only wants me to do things (ALL things) the way she would. It took me a lot longer than it should have to see the kind of person Jodie truly is, and that bothers me on many levels.
Second - Jodie and I have the same birthday, only she's two years younger. A friend of Jodie's had a big party for her on Saturday, which I was expected to attend. It was a party for Jodie but she kept saying "Well, it's a party for you too because it's your birthday too." Yeah right. If it's also a party for me, then why aren't any of my friends or family invited or even really allowed to come? She told me it would be "okay" if I really wanted to bring Vin, but probably not the best idea because her entire family (all of which were coming to the party) knows all about "what happened" and it would "probably be very uncomfortable for him" so it "might not be the best idea for him to come". Jodie basically hates Vin. What she also meant but did not say was that she won't tolerate being around him, even for one night. Even to make me happy. Even though "it's my birthday too." If I had more time, I'd get into exactly how much that hurts me right down to my very fucking soul, but I don't have that kind of time today. But it has something to do with the fact that sometimes, you just do things for people because you love them and want to make them happy, even if you are doing something you're less than fond of. Like putting up with being around another person to make the person you love happy.

So yeah, maybe it seems like I "hate" Jodie. But that's just how my pain comes out - as anger.

|