ScoobySnax

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year

I don't believe in "New Year's Resolutions." They're crap. I don't know who the hell made the idea up, but it's stupid. No one ever sticks to their "New Year's Resolution" longer than a few weeks anyway, right? And if they do, then I have to seriously question what else is going on in their life that they have the time and/or the energy to stick to a resolution. But hey who am I to judge, right? Exactly.

So to jump on the bandwagon, (damn you, peer pressure!) my New Year's Resolutions are as follows:
1. Get off my fat dead lazy ass and face all those things in my life that don't work, and then make a plan to either change them, change how I view them, or get them out of my life.
2. Learn to have a positive attitude.
3. Start blogging on a regular basis again. And not just bitching - I miss writing about sex!

Oh, and I've decided that in lieu of not believing in New Year's Resolutions (despite having made some anyway) I will believe in a New Year's Wish. *Shutting eyes tightly* I wish that this will be the year that I get to be with a TRUE significant other. Either that, or maybe this will be the year I stop being sad about not having one. I'm tired of this weighing me down. I hate to give up hope (even though I do during those times when I'm hurt/angry and saying shit like "I'm just meant to be alone, it's okay") but I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those deals where people are looking at me like "damn, chick, someone should maybe tell you you're not girlfriend material." Hard to say. Either way, I'm tired of this making me crazy. I want to either find my mate, or stop caring about not finding him. (Or, to be fair, her.)

|