ScoobySnax

Thursday, February 03, 2005

It was one year ago today...

That Vin's wife sent me this email:

----- Original Message -----
From: (June Cleaver)
To: amyvegas4@hotmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:48 AM


Hello,
My name is [June Cleaver] and I am a wife and mother to three small children. The reason I am e-mailing you is I am wondering why you are corresponding with my husband of almost 8 years? Are the two of you having an affair, you must be as evidenced by your amorous correspondence? How long has this been going on, did you meet at Ground Zero, has it ended as he has promised me, I do not believe him, he is a compulsive liar who knows what he has told you. He has begged me not to contact you. I hope you are happy with yourself for irreperably damaging a marriage and damaging the lives of three wonderful young children. How dare you.


I still do not regret never having responded to her email. Though I do wish I'd gone to see her in person. I'd forgotten this email was how I found out he had three kids, not two like he'd told me. I'd also forgotten the three page reply I typed up but never sent. It's days like today I'm glad I'm a packrat and have these little reminders around. Helps ground me in reality.

|