ScoobySnax

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

SO fucken weird

Do you do Craigslist?

I do. I'm not ashamed - I'll say it out loud:

"I am addicted to Craigslist."

Seriously, I can't stop. But that's not the point of this post. Yesterday I read a post on craigslist that I felt so in touch with and I so identified with, I decided to email the person who posted.

Nothing fancy; it read: WOW....this sounds like it came out of my head. Are you living in my head?? I hope you find your peace. I'm still searching for mine. Amy

This person wrote back: Wait...you're not...ScoobySnax Blog Amy are you If you are...oh. my. God. I love your blog Thanks for the note.

*making face of the most surprised person on earth - mouth agape and everything*

I mean...? Seriously. What??? Honestly, my blog gets an average of about 50 hits a day - and this person (who I'm guessing? lives in Minnesota, given the post I read was on the Minneapolis craigslist) I randomly decided to email (which I like, never do) has heard of ME/MY BLOG?

THAT. IS. SO. INCREDIBLY. COOL.

Okay, yeah, enough fawning (or whatever the word is I'm looking for). On to other stuff.

So, I'm totally obsessed with Yoda. I love the way he writes and I love that he's got something to say. He's eloquent, sincere, and tells a great story. It's easy to see in his blog - he is one of the good ones. We've exchanged a few emails - between those and several posts he's written lately, he has given me more food for thought than I've had in a long time. A buffet, really. Which I have appreciated more than I could ever adequately express. He inspires me a great deal. (Okay, I officially sound like I'm gushing, and I don't give a crap. I'm in deep smit. Deal with it.)

Okay, that's it for now. Chris is home and my phone is ringing (yay! Timmy wants to smoke a bowl!) so I'm outta here. I'm drafting a post detailing the history of how it all went down with Vin - hopefully it will be cathartic (that's the right word, right?) for me and at least somewhat entertaining/informative for you. Hopefully coming soon.

Kisses.

|