ScoobySnax

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Past 5/28/07: Memorial Day

Originally written 5/28/07, Memorial Day:

I woke up crabby today. Didn't want to go to Auntie G's for her stupid Memorial Day breakfast. Mostly because it's not at my mom and dad's house and it's OUR fucking tradition to have people at OUR house...but they don't live there any more. But I was also crabby that Vin is dead. The first time I ever took him to meet my family it was Memorial Day 2003. Four fucking years ago. Back when I was in LOVE, not PAIN. Back when I thought I'd met the man I would marry - not the man I'd spend months (years??) GRIEVING OVER.

ANGER. ANGER. ANGER. PAIN AND ANGER AND GRIEF AND MORE FUCKING ANGER!!!

Oh yeah. Found this little gem I'd forgotten about when I was getting drunk and reading my book tonight...

"Life can be as bitter as dragon tears. But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet depends entirely on how each man percieves the taste." ~Dean Koontz, "Dragon Tears" (book)

|