ScoobySnax

Friday, November 05, 2004

Jodie got dumped

Remember awhile back I was talking about Jodie going out with (what turned into her new b/f) Tim? I talked about it here and here.

Well, he dumped her this week. Here's the lowdown. Ted called Jodie on Monday night and said that he took a second job and due to his now hectic work schedule, he just doesn't think he's going to have time left for her. He said he needs to get his shit together because at 38, he doesn't have any money saved and at the rate he's going he may never own a house. He said he doesn't want to keep going to the bar so much and that he really just needs to focus on himself right now. Jodie didn't really get upset or anything. (Not in front of me, anyway.) She said she was not that surprised - the "L" word had never come up, and she was beginning to see that their relationship didn't really have a future if it kept going in the direction it was. She said "Plus, I don't think he even made as much money as me. Not that I'm a gold-digger or anything,[editors note: yeah right!!] but he mentioned a buddy of his that made $38,000 a year, and he made it seem like that was a really big deal, which leads me to believe he made a lot less than that, which is not a good sign. I'd hate to think I was making more than my man." (Yes, it was nearly impossible for me to avoid rolling my eyes at her, but I did manage.) Anyway - she says she's fine about it, and she thinks that he's having some sort of mid-life epiphany and realizing that it's time for him to grow up. I personally think it's possible that he just got sick of fucking her. (Yeah, that was low - sue me.) I think he also hated it that she never wanted to do anything besides go to the bar. He'd asked her to do other things like go to the Uptown Art Fair and things like that, and every time she shot it all down. She told him flat out that she hates and refuses to go anywhere that has large gatherings of people and that she was totally uninterested in going to Minneapolis (which is where he lives). Which sucked for him because he really likes going out and doing things like that. Additionally, they got into a 'tiff' the other night because he insisted on driving her home from the bar even though he was completely wasted. She said she argued with him for awhile but eventually caved and let him drive home. The next day when she talked to him about it, he said he couldn't even remember driving home, and definitely didn't remember them arguing about it. He never apologized, which was another thing she didn't like about him - no matter the situation, even if he conceded to being wrong or inappropriate in the end, he never apologized. (That last part about him driving her home drunk pretty much enraged me, but I bit my tongue - she knows better and if she's going to be that stupid, she'll just have to learn her lesson the hard way. I've picked them up from the bar on numerous occasions without hesitation or complaint - they know they have a ride when they need it.)

Of course I wasn't the least bit surprised. I also don't feel bad about the whole thing - anyone with half a brain could see they were more like drinking buddies that fucked than boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not kidding when I tell you that all they EVER did was either go to the bar and drink (then come home and fuck like monkeys) or go to her friend's house and drink (then fuck like monkeys) or go to a movie - after which he'd just drop her off at home which makes me wonder - did he not have any interest in fucking her sober?? At any rate, since that time, I've heard her boil it all down to other people on the phone as "He's a drunk and needs to get sober" and "He didn't make that much money anyway - we didn't have a future."

I fucking love that - he dumps her, and she has to make it about his character flaws. It's like she has absolutely NO CLUE that she may have had a hand in being the reason he broke up with her. Wow. I really doubt there is anyone more self-centered than Jodie.

|